It took me about 4 hours to mod DA2 as I decided to use Vortex, which is the successor to ModManager except instead of having to tediously organize your mod order you can just download the mods with Vortex and have it sort your shit for you (which basically goes "hey we have issues with the order please select certain options" which is super intuitive 10/10 would recommend). I've only had issues with the HQ retext of the environment, which I just gave up on because I've always had issues with that mod, and getting Fenris' mods to show properly.
It was worth the headache though considering this is what he looks like in my game. The mods are Fenris Blue Wraith Appearance , Blue Wraith Armor, and KS Hairs for Companions (file footprint). The reason I was having issues was because I forgot to download the KS hairs for elves file.
I love this mod combo so much that every single time the camera is on Fenris I just mash the screencap button incessantly. Forreal. I may need to roll a new Hawke to romance him with.
I've also found a few interesting Isabela mods. Atm I have Isabela's curly hair, and her DAI outfit installed. The curly hair mod uses her DAI mesh as a base, which I've been having difficulty finding as I'd prefer to use that one instead. This mod looks like it has it, though the standalone version has piercings on it that I'm not sure are going to translate well with the default face mesh (someone in the comments mentioned there's a replacer in the all-in-one files so I'm gonna try that out and see if I get lucky or whatever).
It was worth the headache though considering this is what he looks like in my game. The mods are Fenris Blue Wraith Appearance , Blue Wraith Armor, and KS Hairs for Companions (file footprint). The reason I was having issues was because I forgot to download the KS hairs for elves file.
I love this mod combo so much that every single time the camera is on Fenris I just mash the screencap button incessantly. Forreal. I may need to roll a new Hawke to romance him with.
I've also found a few interesting Isabela mods. Atm I have Isabela's curly hair, and her DAI outfit installed. The curly hair mod uses her DAI mesh as a base, which I've been having difficulty finding as I'd prefer to use that one instead. This mod looks like it has it, though the standalone version has piercings on it that I'm not sure are going to translate well with the default face mesh (someone in the comments mentioned there's a replacer in the all-in-one files so I'm gonna try that out and see if I get lucky or whatever).
no subject
Date: 2020-11-01 10:16 am (UTC)When I fired up DA2 recently I was just dumping the mods in the override folder and taking what I could get, I'll have to check out Vortex.
no subject
Date: 2020-11-01 05:05 pm (UTC)Saaaame. I remember manually editing the chargen file to add in all the hairs I wanted instead of using the Compiler. Idk how well Vortex would work with something more finicky like Skyrim or New Vegas (I never got mods to work with NV) but it's been super helpful with DA2.